Blog / Latest News & Updates
5 Best Memory Techniques to Learn Effectively for Students
- March 19, 2018
- Posted by: DronStudy
- Category: Uncategorized
With the scope of syllabus and studies getting wider by the day, the importance of observing the memory techniques for effective learning by the students is also getting highlighted. The memory techniques are a way to increase your abilities to retain the things learned by you in a prescribed and instructed manner.
Learn the memory techniques and practice them early for effective results:
- Get Organized: Organizing self is the first task that should be taken up before adopting any memory trick. Be sure of your syllabus and exam pattern. Get the study area organized with the accessories in place. The sample papers should be ready for you. Keep the subject-wise notes on the table so that you can use them whenever you need them. Get a notepad and a pen at arm’s length. Take care of lighting and ventilation and keep yourself away from any distractions.
- Rhyming: Though a little childish, the method does its trick. We had been using this method during the childhood days, but it will still prove helpful in memorizing bigger portions of information for your exams. Turn your notes to rhymes and poems. You really do not have to be a great poet for the trick. But putting in some rhyming couplets helps in fixing the facts to the brain.
- Apply to the real life: Reading from the books can be more effective when you apply them in your real life. Things read in the books will be short-lived in the memory. But things done in the real life may remain with you for a long time and can be recalled easily during the exams. Students of history can visit the museums and other monuments to relive the period. Similarly, the theories read in science can be applied to real life as small experiments. Doing things physically is the best way to remember things.
- Change the song with new lyrics: Now, this may seem to be a musician’s corner, but it is not. This technique is for all the students who have some favorite song of their own. This technique is an extension of the Rhyming Technique. Change the lyrics of any song and fill it up with the facts and figures or any information that you need frequently. Even a rap will do wonders. And with the music, the read information would fall into place and will be easily remembered.
- Be a teacher for someone: This technique is rated high in the memory retention techniques. Teaching someone not only helps you in remembering what you have learned but also drives you towards clearing the doubts of the listener.
Applying the memory techniques will help you absorb the information read from the books and helps you in the exams.